Sunday, June 14, 2015

Sunday Scrambled Ramblings


Suddenly all the sky is hid
As with the shutting of a lid,
One by one great drops are falling
Doubtful and slow,
Down the pane they are crookedly crawling,
And the wind breathes low;
Slowly the circles widen on the river,
Widen and mingle, one and all;
Here and there the slenderer flowers shiver,
Struck by an icy rain-drop’s fall.

~James Russell Lowell, "Summer Storm," 1839


My, oh my.  Rain, rain and more rain.  Another rainy day in the neighbourhood.  So far we are about half way through June and my area saw 53 mm of rain not including today, whereas throughout the May we've managed only 14 mm until the very last day.  And the forecast calls for another four days of rain this week.

Oh well, so far the garden seems to like all this fabulous moisture. Vegetables are growing like crazy, I swear I can stand and watch them grow.  Strawberries, juneberries and raspberries not so much, these little darlings would appreciate a little more sun and heat.

Hopefully July will bring more balanced weather.  The really perfect combination would be the rain by night and heat and sun by the day.  The life is rarely perfect though and that's ok.  Whatever Mother Nature has in store for us we'll buy.  We don't really have another choice.

Have a wonderful start to the week my friends!

Namaste

14 comments:

  1. We have finally managed to go a few days without rain and the lovely sunny weather is a gift. Plants are growing like crazy and our vegetable garden is actually looking like we might have a harvest this year.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had heavy rain one night this past week, Kamyria. But today was gorgeous...sunny and lovely. Hope your weather perks up this week. Susan

    ReplyDelete
  3. We had rain last week with thunder and lightening to accompany it.
    Loved the post.
    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We've got a humid rainy day here as well. Like these days that I can choose to stay in if I want. Have plants for a nice quiet day at home.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know that I am one of the few out-there that loves rainy days and nights. I have ever since I was a kid. I do not care for humid days but cloudy days are also loved and enjoyed by me. Great post and photo~

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope all is well up there, and that life is treating you right.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It seems that a lot of areas are getting swamped with a lot of rain, but we've only had a little rain here and the in my neck of the woods. Not that I'm complaining or anything. Hopefully, you'll see some sunshine soon. Stay dry, my friend... :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. We've had plenty of rain here as well. One day sun, the next rain. Guess it's all right since it's not very hot and humid.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  9. Are you OK? It's not like you to not post for so long.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Haven't seen you here for awhile, and I am concerned. Is everything okay?
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hope all is well. Thinking of you.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  12. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wanted to leave you a link to my new blog but I messed it up! a link is at my old blog. thanks!

      Delete
  13. I am back actively blogging and getting caught up with everyone. Thanks for being here!

    ReplyDelete